Monday, April 28, 2008

Last note for today . . . . .

I finally sold my car. I own (at least for another 18 hours) a 2003 Ford Focus SVT. Vermilion red . . My very first new car - I really liked it - drives great, lots of power and I looked good in it, if I do say so myself. However, getting out of debt requires sacrifices . . . . . an my baby needs to go. (I keep telling myself this as we continue to cut corners.)

I grieve it - stupid I guess - but I do. I hold a lot of memories with that car - looking for it, finding it, spending three hours a day commuting. Making payments - making more payments, getting behind in payments; extending payments; struggling . . . . . . . .

It is time - but it makes me sad - darn it! I like the car. But I have to remember that it's only stuff - and stuff can be bought back again if and when we get out of debt. Maybe if I keep telling myself that, I won't feel such a loss. I just hope that I can keep from crying tomorrow a I sign the final papers that will make my "baby" someone else's. I know that the Lord will provide me with what I need - not necessarily what I "want". It is hard to wait on Him for my needs, but I know that without my faith, I would not have had the strength to make it this far . . . . . . .

No comments: