Monday, April 28, 2008

Learning time

I know that a person is never too old to learn new things - and since it had been some time since I worked in the medical field, I needed a refresher. Not that I needed to return to school, doesn't seem that once you learn Medical terminology - it isn't easy to forget - the strange words I think?? At any rate - I can still rattle them off - and spell them!

I've worked in the manufacturing business for many years, and have developed into a pretty good technical writer. So when I took this job, I expected to have a manual that would give me step-by-step instructions on how to run the programs and do the different tasks that were required to be successful. No such luck - the lady doing the training went on vacation for 2 weeks right after I was hired and her final instructions to me were follow the processes written in the "BOOK". "Don't deviate - follow them as written."

Turns out the job they gave me is a special type of account. Only three people knew anything about running them and one quit, one was on vacation and the other was a supervisor that was responsible for 15 people. Things didn't look good for me . . . . . .

No comments: