Sunday, April 27, 2008

A new Job

I know that some time has passed since I last noted on this blog. Over that time, things have gotten better in that I received two offers for a full-time position making less than half of what I used to make, but it was much better than unemployment - that had already run out several month's ago. Wouldn't you know it - not only did the Lord send me two jobs - but still left it up to me to make the decision . . . . . . . . like my brain was really functioning at the time.

I remember putting the phone in it's cradle and thinking what is the right choice? Offers were virtually the same. Both were in fields that I had worked in before. My choice had to be the best one - what to do? what to do? WHAT TO DO!

After much soul searching and prayer, I accepted work in the local hospital business office as an billing analyst - at less than half what I made when I became unemployed. However, since I had run out of unemployment and was digging a bigger hole every day - I had no choice. I thought time had come to look for a sustainable career - the big buck ones didn't stay - come to think of it, the lesser paying ones didn't stay either - go figure . . . . . .

No comments: